New Horizons Family Counseling Center
information provided by: the Greater Williamsburg Child Assessment Center
A University-based, student operated, family counseling teaching clinic serving families of students referred by the public schools and providing clinical instruction in marriage family counseling for both masters and doctoral-level graduate students.
The center provides free services to families of children attending public schools in Gloucester, Hampton, York County, Newport News, Poquoson, and Williamsburg/James City County. Families may be referred to the clinic by teachers, prinicpals, counselors, school psychologists, or school social workers.
Under licensed faculty supervision, students serve as administrators, supervisors and family counselors for the center.
- College of William & Mary, 310 Monticello Ave. - Room 2107
Days: Monday - Friday.
Family Counseling, Therapy groups for various needs (single mothers,parents of gay youth, etc.) Student Therapy Group.
- New Horizon Educational Center: 520 Butler Farm Road, Newport News, VA 23666.(757)766-1101
Monday, Tuesdays & Thursdays: 5-9pm
- Abingdon Elementary School: 7087 Powhatan Drive, Gloucester, VA 23072. (804)642-9885
- Mount Vernon Elementary, 310 Mt. Vernon Drive, Yorktown, VA 23693(757) 898-0339
- Poquoson High School,51 Odd Rd, Poquoson, VA 23662 (757) 868-7123
Record last updated:
Gloucester, Hampton, James City County, Newport News, Poquoson, Williamsburg, York County
Dec 2 2014 1:57PM