REACH - Regional, Education, Assessment, Crisis Services, Habilitation
"To prevent unnecessary institutionalization of individuals with Developmental Disabilities and to provide them opportunities to live in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs and consistent with their informed choice."
What is REACH?
REACH is a 24/7 mobile crisis intervention program that provides crisis support to individuals with a Developmental Disability who are experiencing mental health or challenging behavioral needs.
How to access support during a crisis:
- Call 911 (if the individual is in immediate danger to self or others)
- Call the REACH 24/7 Crisis Line at 1 (888) 255-2989
- Call your local Community Services Board/Behavioral Health Authority Emergency Services
- Chesapeake Integrated Behavioral Healthcare
Emergency Services: 757-547-9334
After Hours: 757-548-7000
- Colonial Behavioral Health
Emergency Services: 757-378-5555
- Eastern Shore Community Services Board
Emergency Services: 757-442-707 or 1-800-764-4460
- Hampton– Newport News Community Services Board
- Middle Peninsula-Northern Neck Community Services Board
Emergency Services: 804-693-2673 or 1-800-542-2673
- Norfolk Community Services Board
Emergency Services: 757-664-7690
- Portsmouth Department of Behavioral Healthcare Services
Emergency Services: 757-393-8990
- Virginia Beach Human Services Community Services Board
Emergency Services: 757-385-0888
- Western Tidewater Community Services Board
Emergency Services: 757-925-2484
REACH's Role with Emergency Services
REACH staff are not certified pre–screeners and will not replace Emergency Services (ES) for mental health crises. REACH will collaborate with ES to help stabilize individuals in crisis and decrease need for hospitalization.